In this chapter, we will study how to Add Pages into the WordPress. Adding pages is similar to adding posts in WordPress.
How to Creating a WordPress Page Adding to WordPress is like adding a post to WordPress.
The following are the simple steps for adding pages to WordPress.
Step (1) – Click on the page → Add new as shown in the following screenshot.
Step (2) – Generally wordPress back end vertical menus under pages menu seen sub menu add new. Also the editor page has two tabs, views, and text. You can also insert text in any of these. Also Here, we will study the inclusion of text in the visual format.
Following fields on the editor page of the Add New Page.
Add Title, which is later displayed on the page.
Then Permalink shows the browser URL for the page below the title. Also the URL generates as per the given title.
For Example It is a WYSIWYG editor, which is similar to a word processor interface where you can edit the contents of the page.
Following are the options present of WYSIWYG editor in the WordPress page editor−
- Bold Button − To use bold font
- Italic − To use the italicized font.
- Word Strike − Used for strikes through content.
- Bullet List − Add bullets to the content list.
- Number List − Add the numbers to the list of the content.
- Blockquote − Coat the content.
- Horizontal Line − Creates a horizontal line between two sentences.
- Left Align − Set the text on the left side of the page.
- Right Align − Set the text to the right side of the page.
- Justify − Justifies the content of the page.
- Add Link − Add a link to your text. When you click on text and button, the following page gets displayed.
Following the fields present in the Insert/edit link on the page editor.
- URL − Enter URL you want to link to display.
- Link text − Enter the text you want to enter into the link.
- Open link in a new window/tab − Open your enter link page into the new tab or window. Also check the box as required.
- Or link to an existing account − If links to an existing content page by selecting the page from the given list. When you select on the existing page then you get a link created in the URL part as seen in the screenshot.
- Remove Link − Deletes the link added for text or content.
- Read more tag − Add Read More tag to your page text.
- Toolbar toggle − Click on this you get another list of toolbar as shown in the image.
- Paragraph − Selects the headings as required for the text from the dropdown list.
- Underline − Underlines the text.
- Justify − Justifies your text.
- Text Color − Sets the color for words or content.
- Paste as Text − Pastes your content.
- Clear Formatting − Delete selected content.
- Special character − Inserts special characters in your content.
- Increase Indent − Increases the indent of the WordPress page.
- Decrease Indent − Decreases the indent of the WordPress page.
- Undo − Reverses the most recent editing command in the WordPress page.
- Redo − Opposite of undo, restores the most recent editing command in WordPress page.
For writing the content of an article on page.
To publish the page to the user on the WordPress website.
Page attributes module allows you to select the parents for your particular page in WordPress. You can also adjust the order of the pages.
- Parent − Allows you to select the parent page in WordPress.
- Order − Adjust the order of the page.
Include the image in the pages.
How to publish WordPress page
How To Publish A Page On WordPress. The command, “Publish” is used to make the pages available to all users wherein each user can view that particular page. Easy process TO Publishing a new page in WordPress.
The following are the steps to Publish the Pages in WordPress.
Step (1) − Click on the Pages → Add New in WordPress.
Step (2) − You will get the editor as shown in the screenshot. You can use the WordPress WYSIWYG editor to add the actual content of the page.
Step (3) − Click on the Publish button as shown in the screenshot.
After clicking on the publish button, your posts get published for the user to view it.
How to edit WordPress pages
We will study in this chapter how to edit WordPress pages
Step (1) − Click on the Pages → All Pages in WordPress as shown in the screenshot.
Step (2) − You can view the sample page. When the cursor hovers on the pages, then a few options get displayed below the Sample page. There are two ways type to edit the Post, i.e., Edit and Quick Edit.
Edit − Click on the Edit option in the Sample page as shown in the screenshot.
If you edit or change the content or title from the page, and then click on the Update button as shown in the screenshot.
Quick Edit − Then Click on the Quick Edit option in the Sample page as shown in the screenshot.
You can edit the Title, Slug, and date of the Sample page and can also select the parent for your page as shown in the Screenshot and then click on the Update button.
How to delete WordPress Page
We will learn in this chapter how to Delete Pages in WordPress.
The following are the steps to Delete pages.
Step (1) − Click on the Pages → All Pages in WordPress.
Step (2) − You can delete Sample Page. When the cursor hovers on the sample pages, then a few options get displayed below the Sample Page. Click on the Trash option to delete the post in WordPress.
Or alternatively, you can also delete your page directly while editing or adding a page by clicking on the Move to Trash button as shown in the screenshot.
Step (3) − To confirm that you have deleted the page, view your page list in WordPress.
How to add links on WordPress page
We will learn to add links to WordPress pages/ posts. Link is a connection from one resource to another resource. Also adding links to your pages or blog posts helps you connect with other pages and posts.
The following are steps to linking WordPress.
Step (1) − Click on the Pages → All Pages in WordPress.
Step (2) − The list of pages created in WordPress will be displayed as shown in the following screen. Also select any page to add a link inside it. Here, we are going to add links to the sample page.
Step (3) − Select any sentence or word where you want to add links. Here, we will link to WordPress word.
Step (4) − When you click on the Insert / Edit link symbol, the following pop window is displayed.
The following fields are present in the Insert / Edit link.
- URL − Enter the URL that you want to link to.
- Link text − Enter the text you want to enter in the link.
- Open link in a new window/tab − Then Open your link page in a new tab or window. Check the box as needed.
- Or the link to an existing account − Select the page from the given list, add links to an existing content page. Click on the existing account or link and a list of pages and posts is displayed as shown in the following screens.
Also After selecting a particular page or post from the list, links are created in the URL field as seen in the preceding screen. Click Add Link.
Step (5) − When you hover over the word Loramie, the link tooltip is displayed as shown in the following screen.
Then click the Update button to update the changes to your page or post.