We will learn about Permalinks Screen in WordPress. Permalink is a permanent blog post
We will learn about Permalinks WordPress. Permalink is a permanent blog post or a permanent link for the category. It allows to set the default permalink structure. These settings are used to add a permalink to your posts in WordPress. The following steps are to access the Permalink Settings.
Step (1) − Click Settings → Parallax Options from the left navigation menu.
Step (2) − When you click Permalinks WordPress, the following page appears on the screen.
Here are some settings –
- General Settings button Test your radio for any radio button to choose your permalink structure
- Default − This sets the default URL structure in WordPress.
- Day and name − This sets the URL structure according to the date and name in your post in the URL.
- Month and name − This sets the URL structure according to the month and names it in your post.
- Numeric − This sets the number in the URL structure in your post.
- Post name − This sets the post name in the URL structure in your post.
- Custom Structure − It sets your preferred URL structure by typing the desired name into the text box given in it.
- Optional These options are optional. You can add custom compositions for the main category or tag URL. If your text box is empty, then the default settings are used. Here you have two options.
- Category Base − Add a custom prefix for your category URL in the website.
- Tag Base − Add custom prefix to your tag URL
Step (3) − Click the Save Changes button to save Permalinks WordPress settings.