Coupons are a great way to offer discounts and rewards to your customers, and can help promote sales in your shop.
Woocommerce Coupons are a great way to offer discounts and rewards to your customers and can help promote sales in your shop.
If you want to use coupons with WooCommerce, you must first enable them in WooCommerce.
Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Tick ?? the normal and checkbox to Enable use of coupons.
Then Save Changes.
Adding a Woocommerce Coupons
- Go to: WooCommerce > Coupons.
- Create a new coupon by selecting Add Coupons. Or hover over the existing Edit. Enter these fields:
- Coupon Code – The code used by the customer to implement the coupon. It should be unique when used as an identifier
- Details (Optional) – Information about coupons, e.g., dates in effect, promotions, compensation, ticket numbers. for internal use.
Under Coupon Data, there are three sections that you can use to add restrictions and limits for coupons: General, Usage Restrictions, and Use Limitations.
General Woocommerce Coupons
- Discount Type :
- Percent exempt – Percent discount for only selected products. For example, if three (3) T-shirts in the cart are $ 20 each = $ 60, a discount of $ 6 applies for a discount of 10%.
- Fixed carriage discount – A fixed total discount for the entire carriage. For example, if three (3) T-shirts in the cart are $ 20 each = $ 60, then $ 10 for the $ 10 coupon exempts $ 10.
- Fixed Product Discounts – A fixed total discount only for selected products. The customer gets a fixed amount of item discount. For example, a $ 30 discount for a $ 10 coupon for three (3) T-shirts @ $ 20 each applies.
- Coupon amount – Fixed price or percentage based on the discount type you choose. Entered without a currency unit or a percentage mark, which are automatically added, e.g. Enter ’10’ for £ or 10%.
- Allow Free Shipping – Removes shipping costs when coupons are used. Free shipping is required to be enabled.
- Coupon Expiration Date – The date should end and it can no longer be used. The expiry date is 12:00 or 00:00 on the selected date. If you want a coupon valid through Christmas Day, but if Christmas is invalid at the end, set the expiration date to YYYY-12-26 as it will end on YYYY-12-26 00:00. This setting uses your site’s time zone setting on gt; General & gt; Timezone in WordPress
- Minimum spend – Allows you to set the minimum subtotal necessary to use a coupon. Note: The sum of the cart subtotal + tax is used to determine the minimum amount in the subtotal.
- Maximum spend – Allows you to set the maximum subtotal when using a coupon.
- Personal Use Only – If you do not want to use this coupon in conjunction with other coupons, tick the box.
- Skip Sale Item – Tick the box if you do not want to apply this coupon to products on sale. If the sale item is added later then the counter-cart coupon does not work.
- Products – Product that coupon will be applied, or needs to be in the cart “scheduled carts discount” to be applied to
- = “xx- first x-last”> in order .
- Exclude products – Product that coupon should be not applied, or can not in the cart ” fixed “car Discount “to apply”.
- Product Categories – Product categories with coupon applied, or from apply </. li>
- Exclude categories – The categories not for the coupon will be applicable to the product, or “Fixed cart discount” order for Applicable
- Allowed email/email restrictions – Email addresses or addresses which can use coupons. Verified WooCommerce 3.4+ against the customer’s email allows you to include the wildcard character (*) to match several email addresses, for example, `* @ gmail.com` will make any Gmail address.
- Coupon limit – How many times can coupons be used by everyone before being invalid?
- limit the use of X items – How many items can be applied to the coupon before being invalid. This field is displayed only when there are one or more products with which the coupon can be used, and configured under the usage restriction. ( Note: the option is only available if you are making a product discount coupon. )
- per-user usage limit – How many times a coupon can be used by each customer before it becomes invalid for that customer.
When you have configured all settings, select Publish and your coupon is ready to be used.
Once the coupon is published, go ahead and make it available to the customers: Copy the title and advertise it via send, email, social media, and onsite banner.
Applying Coupons to Orders
3.2+ coupons in WooCommerce can be added to the order (or removed) in the edit screen. Orders must be unpaid and you will need to know the coupon code that you want to apply.