WooCommerce inventory management WooCommerce > Products > Add New. Select the Grouped product you wish to add products to. Scroll down to Product Data and go to Linked Products.
Adding a Product Woocommerce Inventory Management
Before adding your first product, let’s learn how product categories, tags, and features work.
When writing posts in WordPress, you have a lot of product categories and tags, just like normal categories and tags. Also, they can be created Categories, edited, and selected at any time. This can be done when you first make a product or come back and edit it or category/tags in particular.
They can be added to the product, or you can set global attributes for the entire store (for example, in layered navigation).
Product Type Woocommerce Inventory Management
Also with configure features and categories and stock management are configured, we can start adding products. When adding a product, the first thing is to decide what type of product it is.
- Simple – The vast majority of any product Includes you can sell. Simple products are sent and they have no choice. For example, a book.
- Grouped – Generally, a collection of related products that do Can be bought individually and consist of only simple products. For example, a set of six drinking glasses.
- Virtual – One that does not require shipping classes. For example, a service. Enabling this, all fields related to shipping such as shipping dimensions are disabled. A virtual product will not trigger the shipping calculator in the cart and checkout.
- downloadable – activate those additional fields Does a downloadable file where you can provide After a successful purchase, a downloadable file is given to the customers as a link in the order notification email. This is suitable for example for a digital album, PDF magazine, or media.
- External or Affiliate – The one you list on your website and describe it, but it is sold elsewhere.
- Variables – For each product instance with variations, A different SKU, price, stock options, etc., a T-shirt available in different colors and/or sizes.
- Other types add extensions. For example, WooCommerce approval adds new product types as WooCommerce Booking.
Adding a Simple Product
Adding a product is similar to writing a post in WordPress.
- Visit WooCommerce and Products & Add products. You have a familiar interface and should feel immediately at home.
- Enter a product Title and Details
- Go to the Product Data panel and select downloadable (digital) or virtual (service) if applicable in WooCommerce.
Note: Virtual products do not require shipping – an order with virtual products does not calculate shipping cost.
Woocommerce Inventory Management Product Data
The product data meta box is where the majority of the important data adds to your products.
- SKU – Tracks Stock Unit (SKU) products. Because Be unique and should be formatted so that it does not match any post ID. For example, post ID numbers are therefore SKU WS01. She could stand for Washer 01.
- Regular Value – The usual/regular price of the item.
- Sale Price – the discounted price of items that can then be set for certain date ranges. Expiry date ending at 11:59 PM
The inventory section allows you to personally manage the stock for the product and to define whether back-order and more are allowed to allow you to sell the product and add customers to the cart to buy.
Enable stock management should be selected in product list settings; Otherwise, only the ‘stock status option appears in the product data list box.
Options when stock management at the product level is disabled. You are responsible for updating the stock status.
Options when stock management at the product level is enabled.
- Enter the stock volume, and manage WooCommerce auto inventory and auto-updates stock status as a stock, out of stock or backorder.
- Choose whether Allow Backorder
- Low Stock Limit – Enter a number you have been notified about.
- Tick the sold separately box to limit the product to one limit per order.
- Load – Load of the object.
- Dimensions – Length, width and height for the item in WooCommerce
- Shipping Class – The shipping class is used to group the same products by using some shipping methods.
How to linked products section Woocommerce Inventory Management
By using up-sell and cross-sell, you can promote your products. They can be added by selecting a product from the search and dropdown list of a particular product:
After adding, they are list in the input field in WooCommerce:
Up-sell are displayed on the Product Details page. These are products that you can encourage users to upgrade based on the products they are currently viewing. For example, if the user is viewing the coffee product list page, you may want to display the tea kettles as an up-sell on the same page.
Cross-Cell is a product that is displayed with a cart and related to the user’s cart content. As an example, if a user adds a Nintendo DS to their cart, then you might want to suggest that they can buy an additional stylus when they arrive on the cart page.
Grouping – Used to create a product group product. More information below: Grouped Products.
On the Attributes tab, you can specify a product. You’ll see a featured box that contains the global feature set (e.g., platform) you created. And more:.
Once you’ve selected an attribute from the selection box, add and click the attribute associated with that attribute (e.g., Nintendo DS) in the product. You can hide the attribute on the front except for the visible checkbox.
Custom attributes can also be applied by selecting the Custom Product Attribute from the selected box. They are added at the product level and will not be available in layered navigation or other products.
- Purchase Note – Enter an optional note to send the customer after the product is purchased.
- Menu order – The custom ordering status for this item.
- Enable Reviews – Enable / Disable Customers for This Item.
Add a fraction. It usually appears next to the product imagery on the listing page, and there is a long description in the Product Details tab.
Video embed (embed) can be used as version 3.1x.
Woocommerce Inventory Management Taxonomies
On the right side of the Add New Product panel, there are product categories in which you can keep your product similar to a standard WordPress post. You can assign product tags in the same way.
Product Image Woocommerce Inventory Management
Add a gallery of a main product image and images. And more: Adding product images and galleries.
Setting List Visibility And Convenience Status
In the published panel, you can set Catalog visibility for your product.
- Purchase and Search – Show everywhere, shop page, category page, and search results.
- Only Shop – Shows in Shop Pages and Category Pages, but not Search Results.
- Search Only – Appears in search results, but the not in-store page or category pages
- Hidden – Only appears on a single product page – not on any other page.
You can also set whether the product has been promoted in product categories, up-sell, related products as Featured Products or not. For example, you can tick the featured box on all the bundles you sell.
Other ways to set as featured are described in the section below: Flag a Product as Featured.
Adding a Grouped Product
A group product is made just like a simple product. The only difference is that you select Grouped from the Product Type drop-down.
Create Grouped Product
- Go to: WooCommerce and Products & Add new
- Enter a title for the grouped product, such as, back to school set
- Scroll over the product data and select Grouped from the drop-down. Price and many other areas disappear. This is normal because a grouped product is a collection of ‘hair products’ where you add this information.
The grouped product is still an empty group. For this grouped product, do the following
Add Products To The Group
- Go to: WooCommerce and Products & Add new
- Grouped select the product in which you want to add the products.
- Scroll through product data and go to Linked Products.
- Select Grouped Products, and search for products by typing
- Click on the products you want to add.
- You can drag and drop to group the grouped products again. Once you hit Updates, a new order will appear on the product page.
Adding a Virtual Product
When adding a simple product, you can tick the Virtual checkbox in the Product Type panel.
This checkbox with variable products is a move to each variation.
Enabling this, all fields related to shipping such as shipping dimensions are disabled. A virtual product will not trigger the shipping calculator in the cart and checkout.
Adding a Downloadable Product
When adding a simple product, you can tick the Downloadable checkbox in the Product Type panel. This adds two new areas:
- File Path – Path or URL for your downloadable file.
- Download Limit – Limit the number of times a customer can download the file. Leave empty for unlimited downloads.
Adding External / Affiliated Products
Select ‘External / Affiliate’ from the Product Type dropdown list. This removes unnecessary tabs, such as taxes and inventory, and a new product URL field. This is the destination where the user can buy the product. Instead of the Add to Cart button, they see Read More button giving instructions to this URL.
Adding a Variable Product
Variable products are arguably the most complex of product types in WooCommerce. They allow you to define the variations of a single product, where each variation can have different SKUs, prices, or stock levels.
copying a product
To save time, it is possible to use the product and duplicate it to create the same product with variety and other properties.
WooCommerce & See the list of products and the product you want to replicate, then click on the duplicate.
Delete a Product
To delete a product:
- Visit: WooCommerce and Products.
- Find the product that wants to delete.
- Hover and click Trash in the field under the product name.
Mark a Product As Featured
To specifically mark a product, go to Product & Select Star in the Products and in the Featured Column. Alternatively, select Quick Edit and then Featured option.
Filter Or Sort Products Woocommerce Inventory Management
Use the Filter function to get the number of the product, see products by type, or see which products are out of backorder or stock.
- Go to: WooCommerce & Products
- Select a category, product type and/or stock status, or any combination of all three
Sorting Products Woocommerce Inventory Management
Sorting is different in comparison to filtering, in which you can drag and drop products to order them again.
- Go to: WooCommerce & Products.
- Enter a category, product.
- Coupon Management in WooCommerce
- Product Shipping Classes in WooCommerce
- Check payment processor in WooCommerce
- What is PayPal Payments Standard and how does it work?
Small request, if this article has proved helpful for you, then don’t forget to share it!