Local pickup is a method that allows the customer to take orders automatically.
Local Pickup in Woocommerce is a method that allows the customer to take orders automatically.
Setup and Configuration Woocommerce Local Pickup
To use this method, it must be added to the shipping zone.
1. Go to WooCommerce and Settings & Shipping.
3. From the dropdown Local pickup.
4. Click the Add shipping method.
5. Click the local pick in a row you want to define.
It takes you to a different screen.
6. Enter the title that displays the customers in checkout – Some shops convert the title to local delivery for example.
7. Select tax status – Determine whether the tax is applicable to the shipping amount.
8. Enter the cost – The cost for the option applies to the entire cart.
9. Save changes.
Customers living in the zone with this shipping option are able to select it in the cart and during checkout.
Custom email for local pickup
When the local pickup shipping method has been selected, WooCommerce uses the standard order flow. For example, the customer receives the same order confirmation email whether local pick or flat rate shipping has been selected.
Disable local taxes while using local pickup
To disable local tax calculation for local pickup, add this snippet to the end of your topic functions.php file:
add_filter ('woocommerce_apply_base_tax_for_local_pickup', '__return_false');
This will replace local taxes rather than using regular taxes.
Change the location for local taxes
To charge local taxes on postcode and city-based for local pickup, you need to define the base city and postcode of the store using this code:
add_filter( 'woocommerce_countries_base_postcode', create_function( '', 'return "80903";' ) ); add_filter( 'woocommerce_countries_base_city', create_function( '', 'return "COLORADO SPRINGS";' ) );