We will study about configured media settings in WordPress It is used to determine the height and width of the images
WordPress media library It uses to determine the height and width of the images you are using on your website.
Step (1) − Click on Settings → Media Options in WordPress.
Step (2) −For example the Media Settings page can be seen in the screenshots.
Field Details on WordPress media library –
- Thumbnail size − Then Set the size of the thumbnail media file.
- Medium size − Then Set the height and width of the medium-sized images.
- Large size − Then Set the width and height of large images.
- Uploading files − After checking this checkbox, the uploaded media file will arrange in the year and month based folder.
Step (3) − Also After setting the dimensions in pixels, click the Save Changes button. It saves information about your media settings.
WordPress Media basic Settings
We will learn about the Media Library in WordPress Media Library contains images, audio, video, and files that you can upload and add content when posting or page. Here you can see, add, edit or remove items related to any media if not necessary.
The following steps are to understand the media library.
Step (1) − Click on the Media menu → Library in WordPress.
Step (2) − Also You can view media files like images, audio, video. Click the Add Media button.
Step (3) − The uploaded new media page is displayed.
Step (4) − You can see the bar as shown in the following screenshot.
The following tabs appear in various tabs –
List View – Displays images and videos in the list form.
Grid View − Displays all the images in the grid format as shown in the lower screen.
Filter the images and videos − filters images and videos.
Search Box − Helping in finding a particular image by inserting a name in the box.
How to add Media
We will study how to add media to the WordPress media library.
WordPress allows you to add all types of media files, such as video, audio, and picture.
The following steps are for add media.
Step (1) − Click on the Media → Add New in WordPress.
Step (2) − Then, select the Choose Files option to select files from your local storage as shown in the following figure.
Step (3) − Click Add Media Files such as Picture and Audio and open as shown in the following screenshot.
Step (4) − You can see the list of media files as shown in the following screenshots WordPress media library.
Insert media into WordPress
We will study how to insert media into WordPress. Media files can be inserted from libraries on your pages or posts, from local storage or by URL.
The following are the simple steps to Insert Media in WordPress.
Step (1) − Click on the post → Add new to WordPress.
Step (2) −Click on Add Media.
Step (3) − You can select files from the Media Library tab as shown in the following screenshots.
The information about the selected media file will be displayed on the right side of the screen, under the attached details. Click the Insert Post button, the image will be inserted into the post. In the Attachment Details section, you will find information about images such as URLs, titles, captions, alt text, and details.
You can also add an image directly to your system by clicking on the Upload Files tab. Click the Insert In Post button.
How to edit media files in WordPress
We will study how to edit media files in WordPress. You can manage all the information about your media saved in the Media Library.
The following are the steps for editing media in WordPress.
Step (1) − Click Media → Library and click on the name of the media item or edit link.
Step (2) − You will see a list of media files. Select any one image to edit.
Step (3) − You can see the edit media page with some options on the right.
- URL − Also You can read only one link from the media file.
- Title − Displays the name of the media. The title is often shown in galleries and attachment pages, if the theme or plugins are designed to display it.
- Permalink − Then Permalink is the URL of the Media file attachment page. There is also a link to view this attachment page.
- Edit image button − This allows you to edit image position, such as counter-clockwise, flip rotate clockwise, scale, crop, walk vertically, and horizontally.
- Caption − brief description of the media.
- Alternate Text − Also Alt Text for the Image, which is used to describe the media. Used for availability.
- Description − Explanation of your media file.
- Delete Permanently − Finally permanently delete your media file.
Step (4) − Once you’ve completed the required field, click the Update button to save the changes made to the image.